Our staff will contact you by phone a few days prior to surgery to obtain personal, financial and medial information. It is important that we talk to you before your surgery. If you have not been contacted by us a day or two before surgery, please call us after 8:30am at 808-528-2511 and ask for pre-registration.
It is important for you to follow these guidelines before surgery to prevent delay or cancellations.
Food and Drink
Some patients may receive specific instructions from your surgeon regarding food and drink. If you do not receive specific instructions, please observe the following:
The night before your surgery you may eat a light meal before 11:00 p.m. Do not drink or eat anything after midnight—not even coffee or water. You may brush your teeth, but please to not chew gum or use mints. If you have questions please contact us at 808-528-2511.
Do not drink alcohol for at least 12 hours before your arrival.
No smoking/tobacco after midnight the night before your surgery.
Makeup, Nail Polish, Jewelry (including body jewelry)
Please remove all these items before surgery.
Wear loose, casual, comfortable clothing to fit over dressings.
Please leave valuables at home.
Notify The Center & Your Surgeon If:
- You have an elevated temperature, cough, cold, vomiting or diarrhea between your last visit to the surgeon and the day of your surgery.
- You suspect you may be pregnant.
- You are taking: diet pills, aspirin, ibuprofen, blood thinners, or certain herbal medicines. You may need to stop taking these 1-2 weeks before your surgery. You can discuss this with your surgeon.
What You Need The Day Of The Surgery:
- Information To Bring: Insurance cards, photo ID, Medicare or Medical Assistance information, numbers and addresses.
- Driver: You must plan to have someone drive you home. Do not plan to use taxis or other public transportation.
- Escort: A friend, relative or dedicated caregiver MUST stay with you for 24 hours.
- May use taxi or public transportation as long as they are accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Legal Guardian: A legal guardian must be in the center AT ALL TIMES for children and dependent adults.
- Care For Children: If you have young children at home for whom you normally care for, plan for someone else to care for them for at least the first 24 hours following your surgery.
- Interpreter: If the patient cannot read, speak English or use sign language, an interpreter is required. If you need assistance arranging for an interpreter, please contact the Scheduling department 808-528-2511 as soon as possible.
It is your responsibility to arrange in advance for a responsible adult to drive you home and remain with you the first 24 hours after surgery. You may not drive yourself or be left alone. You will be responsible for transportation-related expenses. Parking is available in the Waterfront Plaza garage at a reduced rate of $1.50 per half hour or $3.00 per hour with validation.